St. Joseph Safety Coated Aspirin (aspirin 81 mg) Dailymed
Go PRO for all pill images
Active Ingredient (in Each Tablet)
Aspirin 81mg (NSAID)*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains
Reyeâ€™s Syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reyeâ€™s Syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy Alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- Facial Swelling
- Asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- Are age 60 or older
- Have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- Take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NASAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- Have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- Take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use
Â if you have ever had a allergic reaction to any pain reliever or fever reducer.
Ask a doctor before use if:
- The stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- You have history of stomach problems such as heartburn
- You have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- You have asthma
- You are taking a diuretic
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug for:
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
You experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- Feel faint
- Vomit blood
- Have bloody or black stools
- Have stomach pain that does not get better
- Allergic reaction occurs
- Ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- Pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- New symptoms occur
- Redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last three months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during a delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
Â In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over:Â take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours while symptoms persist. Do not exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
- Children under 12 years of age: Do not use unless directed by a doctor.
- Store at controlled room temperature 15-30 degrees C (59-86 degrees F)
- Do not use if imprinted safety seal under cap is broken or missing
FDandC Red No. 40, FDandC Yellow No. 6, hypromellose, methacrylic acid copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, silica, silicon dioxide, sodium bicarbonate, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic scid, talc, and triethyl citrate.
Questions Or Comments?
call toll free: 1 855 STJOE81
Doctor Recommended 81mg Dose
St. JosephSafety Coated* AspirinPain Reliever (NSAID)81mg
Aspirin RegimenEnteric coated
America's ORiginal *Coating Helps Protect Against Stomach Upset
Talk to your doctor before staring an aspirin regimen. Aspirin is not right for everyone.
Dist. by: St. Josephs Health Products, LLCBaltimore, MD 21201
Find out more at stjosephaspirin.com
"This tool does not provide medical advice, and is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Call your doctor to receive medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, please dial 911."
"Do not rely on openFDA to make decisions regarding medical care. While we make every effort to ensure that data is accurate, you should assume all results are unvalidated. We may limit or otherwise restrict your access to the API in line with our Terms of Service."
"This product uses publicly available data from the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services; NLM is not responsible for the product and does not endorse or recommend this or any other product."
PillSync may earn a commission via links on our site