Naproxen Sodium (naproxen sodium 220 mg) Dailymed
Go PRO for all pill images
Active Ingredient (in Each Caplet)
Naproxen sodium 220 mg
(naproxen 200 mg) (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- muscular aches
- minor pain of arthritis
- the common cold
- menstrual cramps
- temporarily reduces fever
Allergy alert: Naproxen sodium may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
Ask a doctor before use if
- the stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- under a doctorÔÇÖs care for any serious condition
- taking any other drug
When using this product
- take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- the risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
- you have difficulty swallowing
- it feels like the pill is stuck in your throat
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use naproxen sodium during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.(1-800-222-1222)
- do not take more than directed
- the smallest effective dose should be used
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and older:
- take 1┬ácaplet every 8 to 12 hours while symptoms last
- for the first dose you may take 2┬ácaplets within the first hour
- do not exceed 2┬ácaplets in any 8- to 12-hour period
- do not exceed 3┬ácaplets in a 24-hour period
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- each┬ácaplet contains: sodium 20 mg
- store at 20┬║ to 25┬║C (68┬║ to 77┬║F). Avoid high humidity and excessive heat above 40┬║C (104┬║F).
- read all warnings and directions before use. Keep carton.
FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, hypromellose 2910, maize starch, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone k-30, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
Questions Or Comments?
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Principal Display Panel
Compare to ALEVE┬« active ingredientÔÇá
All Day Pain Relief
Naproxen Sodium Tablets, 220 mg
Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer (NSAID)
ÔÇáThis product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer Healthcare, LLC., owner of the registered trademark Aleve┬«.
DO NOT USE IF INNER SEAL UNDER BOTTLE CAP IMPRINTED WITH "SEALED FOR YOUR┬á PROTECTION" IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
DISTRIBUTED BY: CARDINAL HEALTH
DUBLIN, OHIO 43017
Product of India
Leader All Day Pain Relief Caplets
"This tool does not provide medical advice, and is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Call your doctor to receive medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, please dial 911."
"Do not rely on openFDA to make decisions regarding medical care. While we make every effort to ensure that data is accurate, you should assume all results are unvalidated. We may limit or otherwise restrict your access to the API in line with our Terms of Service."
"This product uses publicly available data from the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services; NLM is not responsible for the product and does not endorse or recommend this or any other product."
PillSync may earn a commission via links on our site