Omeprazole (omeprazole magnesium 20.6 mg) Dailymed
Go PRO for all pill images
Active Ingredient (in Each Capsule)
*Omeprazole delayed-release capsule 20 mg (equivalent to 20.6 mg omeprazole magnesium, USP)
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs
2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole
Do not use if you have
- trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
OTC - ASK DOCTOR/PHARMACIST SECTION
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug.
Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
- you develop a rash or joint pain
OTC - PREGNANCY OR BREAST FEEDING SECTION
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
OTC - KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN SECTION
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- for adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect; some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours 14-Day Course of Treatment
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
- swallow whole. Do not chew or crush capsules.
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- Store at 20-25Â°C (68-77Â°F). [See USP controlled room temperature]. Protect from moisture
FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, ferrosoferric oxide, gelatin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium carbonate, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer, mono and di glycerides, polyethylene glycol 6000, polysorbate 80, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium stearyl fumarate, sugar spheres (starch and sucrose), talc, titanium dioxide and triethyl citrate
Call toll-free Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm EST at 1800-406-7984.
Distributed by: Ohm Laboratories Inc. New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Principal Display Panel - 20 Mg Capsule Bottle Carton
â€ Compare To the active ingredient of Prilosec OTCÂ®
2x14 COUNT BOTTLE INSIDE
Treats FREQUENT Heartburn! 24 HR
Omeprazole Delayed-release Capsules 20 mg* / Acid Reducer
28 CAPSULESTwo 14-day courses of treatment May take 1 to 4 days for full effect
"This tool does not provide medical advice, and is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Call your doctor to receive medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, please dial 911."
"Do not rely on openFDA to make decisions regarding medical care. While we make every effort to ensure that data is accurate, you should assume all results are unvalidated. We may limit or otherwise restrict your access to the API in line with our Terms of Service."
"This product uses publicly available data from the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services; NLM is not responsible for the product and does not endorse or recommend this or any other product."
PillSync may earn a commission via links on our site