Acid Reducer (omeprazole 20 mg delayed release oral tablet) Dailymed
Go PRO for all pill images
Tips For Managing Heartburn
- Do not lie flat or bend over after eating
- Do not wear tight-fitting clothing around the stomach
- Do not eat before bedtime
- Raise the head of your bed
- Avoid heartburn-causing foods such as rich, spicy, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and certain fruits and vegetables
- Eat slowly and avoid big meals
- If overweight, lose weight
- Quit smoking
Active Ingredient (in Each Tablet)
Omeprazole delayed-release tablet 20 mg (equivalent to 20.6 mg omeprazole magnesium)
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole
Do Not Use If You Have:
- trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have:
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- warfarin, clopidogrel or cilostazol (blood-thinning medicines)
- prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- diazepam (anxiety medicine)
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- tacrolimus or mycophenolate mofetil (immune system medicines)
- prescription antiretrovirals (medicines for HIV infection)
- methotrexate (arthritis medicine)
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If:
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
- you develop a rash or joint pain
If Pregnant Or Breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) ┬áright away.
- for adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to┬ábe used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect; some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 tablet a day
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
- swallow whole. Do not chew or crush tablets.
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20┬║ to 25┬║C (68┬║ to 77┬║ F) and protect from moisture
crospovidone, glyceryl monostearate, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, red iron oxide, silicified microcrystalline cellulose, sodium hydroxide, sodium stearyl fumarate, sugar spheres [which contains liquid glucose, starch (maize) and sucrose], talc,┬átitanium dioxide, ┬átriethyl citrate and yellow iron oxide.
call 800-824-1706 Monday - Friday 9am - 4pm MST Distributed by: WINCO┬áFOODS┬áLLC BOISE, ID 83704 MADE IN INDIA Code: TS/DRUGS/22/2009
Package Label-principal Display Panel - 20 Mg (14 Tablet Bottle)
WinCo┬« FOODSOmeprazole Delayed-Release OMEPRAZOLE┬á20 mg/ ACID REDUCER 14 TABLETS
Package Label-principal Display Panel - 20 Mg Container Carton Label
Compare to the active ingredient in PRILOSEC OTC ┬«WinCo┬« FOODS Omeprazole Delayed-Release Omeprazole┬á20 mg/ ACID REDUCER Treats Frequent HeartburnOccurring 2 Or More Days A Week 14 TABLETS ONE 14-DAY COURSE OF TREATMENT
"This tool does not provide medical advice, and is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Call your doctor to receive medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, please dial 911."
"Do not rely on openFDA to make decisions regarding medical care. While we make every effort to ensure that data is accurate, you should assume all results are unvalidated. We may limit or otherwise restrict your access to the API in line with our Terms of Service."
"This product uses publicly available data from the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services; NLM is not responsible for the product and does not endorse or recommend this or any other product."
PillSync may earn a commission via links on our site