Aspirin (aspirin 81 mg) Dailymed
Generic: aspirin is used for the treatment of Arthritis, Rheumatoid Blood Coagulation Disorders Blood Platelet Disorders Cerebral Infarction Ischemic Attack, Transient Chickenpox Child, Preschool Fever Gout Hematemesis Hemorrhagic Disorders Infant Inflammation Melena Myocardial Infarction Nasal Polyps Osteoarthritis Pain Pre-Eclampsia Pregnancy Trimester, Third Rheumatic Fever
Go PRO for all pill images
Active Ingredient (in Each Tablet)
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)* *nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains or as recommended by your doctor.Â Because of its delayed action, this product will not provide fast relief of headaches or other symptoms needing immediate relief.
Reyeâ€™s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- are age 60 or older
Do not use
- if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have asthma
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking a prescription drug for
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- feel faint
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
- new symptoms occur
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin at 20 weeks or later in pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than directed
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours not to exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: do not use unless directed by a doctor
- use by expiration date on package
- store at 25Â°C (77Â°F); excursions permitted between 15Â°-30Â°C (59Â°-86Â°F)
corn starch, D&C yellow #10, FD&C yellow #6, hypromellose, methacrylic acid, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, shellac wax, silica, simethicone, sodium bicarbonate, sodium lauryl sulfate, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl citrate
Questions Or Comments?
Principal Display Panel
ASPIRIN Low Dose
PAIN RELIEVER (NSAID)81 mg
Enteric CoatedSafety Coated
Compare to the active ingredient in BayerÂ® Low Dose Aspirinâ€
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTEDSAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
â€ This product is not manufactured ordistributed by Bayer AG, owner of theregistered trademark BayerÂ® Low DoseAspirin. 50844 REV0122A60016
MAJORÂ® PHARMACEUTICALS 17177 N Laurel Park Drive, Suite 233Livonia, MI 48152 USA M-17Rev. 05/18 Re-order No. 700939
"This tool does not provide medical advice, and is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Call your doctor to receive medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, please dial 911."
"Do not rely on openFDA to make decisions regarding medical care. While we make every effort to ensure that data is accurate, you should assume all results are unvalidated. We may limit or otherwise restrict your access to the API in line with our Terms of Service."
"This product uses publicly available data from the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services; NLM is not responsible for the product and does not endorse or recommend this or any other product."
PillSync may earn a commission via links on our site