ASSURED ASPIRIN (aspirin 81 mg) Dailymed
Generic: is used for the treatment of Arthritis, Rheumatoid Blood Coagulation Disorders Blood Platelet Disorders Cerebral Infarction Ischemic Attack, Transient Chickenpox Child, Preschool Fever Gout Hematemesis Hemorrhagic Disorders Infant Inflammation Melena Myocardial Infarction Nasal Polyps Osteoarthritis Pain Pre-Eclampsia Pregnancy Trimester, Third Rheumatic Fever
Go PRO for all pill images
Active Ingredient (in Each Tablet)
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)
nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains or as recommended by your doctor. Because of its delayed action, this product will not provide fast relief of headaches, fever or other symptoms needing immediate relief.
- ask your doctor about other uses for Aspirin 81 mg
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
OTC - DO NOT USE SECTION
Do not use if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
OTC - ASK DOCTOR/PHARMACIST SECTION
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug for:
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
OTC - PREGNANCY OR BREAST FEEDING SECTION
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
OTC - KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN SECTION
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours not to exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: consult a doctor
- each tablet contains: sodium 0.36 mg
- save carton for full directions and warnings
- store at room temperature
acrycoat, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, D&C yellow #10, lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 80, sodium hydroxide, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate, yellow oxide of iron
Questions Or Comments?
DISTRIBUTED BY GREENBRIER INTERNATIONAL, INC. 500 VOLVO PARKWAY, CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320
Principal Display Panel
COMPARE TO ACTIVE INGREDIENT OF BAYER Â® LOW DOSE ASPIRIN*
LOW DOSE Aspirin
Aspirin (NSAID) 81 mg Pain Reliever Actual Size
"This tool does not provide medical advice, and is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Call your doctor to receive medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, please dial 911."
"Do not rely on openFDA to make decisions regarding medical care. While we make every effort to ensure that data is accurate, you should assume all results are unvalidated. We may limit or otherwise restrict your access to the API in line with our Terms of Service."
"This product uses publicly available data from the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services; NLM is not responsible for the product and does not endorse or recommend this or any other product."
PillSync may earn a commission via links on our site