Stomach Relief (bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg oral capsule) Dailymed
Go PRO for all pill images
Otc - Active Ingredient Section
OTC - PURPOSE SECTION
Active ingredient¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Purpose
(in each softgel)
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg...............Upset stomach reliever and anti-diarrheal
- travelers' diarrhea
- upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
OTC - DO NOT USE SECTION
Do not use if you have
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
OTC - ASK DOCTOR/PHARMACIST SECTION
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
OTC - WHEN USING SECTION
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse or last more than 2 days
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
OTC - PREGNANCY OR BREAST FEEDING SECTION
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
OTC - KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN SECTION
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- swallow with water, do not chew
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- ¬†2 softgels (1 dose) every 1/2 hour or 4 softgels (2 doses) every hour as needed for diarrhea
- 2 softgels (1 dose) every 1/2 hour as needed for overindulgence (upset stomach, heartburn, indigestion, nausea)
- ¬†do not exceed 8 doses (16 softgels) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- each softgel contains:
- ¬†salicylate 99 mg n very low sodium
- store between 15-30¬įC (59-86¬įF)
aerosil, beeswax, FD&C Red#33. FD&C Yellow#6, gelatin, glycerin, light liquid paraffin, purified water, soya lecithin, sodium carboxy methyl cellulose, sorbitol solution, titanium dioxide
Questions Or Comments?
Principal Display Panel
BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE UPSET STOMACH RELIEVER / ANTIDIARRHEAL
5 SYMPTOM Digestive Relief
heartburn indigestion nausea upset stomach diarrhea 30 Softgels
"This tool does not provide medical advice, and is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Call your doctor to receive medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, please dial 911."
"Do not rely on openFDA to make decisions regarding medical care. While we make every effort to ensure that data is accurate, you should assume all results are unvalidated. We may limit or otherwise restrict your access to the API in line with our Terms of Service."
"This product uses publicly available data from the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services; NLM is not responsible for the product and does not endorse or recommend this or any other product."
PillSync may earn a commission via links on our site