Extra Strength Acetaminophen PM (extra strength acetaminophen pm (acetaminophen and diphenhydramine hydrochloride) tablet) Dailymed
Generic: is used for the treatment of Anxiety Disorders Infant, Newborn Infant, Premature Sleep Initiation and Maintenance Disorders Lactation Motion Sickness Nausea Rhinitis, Allergic, Perennial Sneezing Status Asthmaticus Urticaria Fever Glucosephosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency Liver Diseases Pain
Go PRO for all pill images
Otc - Active Ingredient Section
OTC - PURPOSE SECTION
Active ingredients (in each caplet) Purpose Acetaminophen 500mg Pain reliever Diphenhydramine HCl 25 mg Nighttime sleep aid
temporary relief of occasional headaches and minor aches and pains with accompanying sleeplessness
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- in children under 12 years of age
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- drowsiness will occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- do not drive a motor vehicle or operate machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 2 weeks. Insomnia may be a symptom of serious underlying medical illness.
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
These could be signs of a serious condition.
OTC - PREGNANCY OR BREAST FEEDING SECTION
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
OTC - KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN SECTION
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 caplets at bedtime
- do not take more than 2 caplets of this product in 24 hours
children under 12 years do not use
- Store at room temperature between 20-25Â°C (68-77Â°F)
croscarmellose sodium, FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, Hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, purified water, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, corn starch, talc, titanium dioxide
Questions Or Comments?
Principal Display Panel - 100 Caplet Bottle Carton
COMPARE TO the active ingredients of TYLENOLÂ® PM EXTRA STRENGTH CAPLETS *See side panel
KrogerÂ® for adults
Acetaminophen PM Acetaminophen,Diphenhydramine HCl
Pain Reliever/Nighttime Sleep-Aid Non-Habit Forming
OUR PHARMACIST RECOMMENDED
"This tool does not provide medical advice, and is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Call your doctor to receive medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, please dial 911."
"Do not rely on openFDA to make decisions regarding medical care. While we make every effort to ensure that data is accurate, you should assume all results are unvalidated. We may limit or otherwise restrict your access to the API in line with our Terms of Service."
"This product uses publicly available data from the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services; NLM is not responsible for the product and does not endorse or recommend this or any other product."
PillSync may earn a commission via links on our site